Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I call it "dumpster scrap-couture"

Warm fuzzies, guys.

So a while ago I bought a really ugly shirt. It had potential, so I hacked the shit out of it with a pair of scissors. It was still ugly, so I cut off the sleeves, too. Then it wouldn't even stay on. I was going to sew some proper straps on it, but c'mon. I'm fucking lazy. So I took one of the sleeves and just kind of half-ass tied the back of the shirt into a bunch. Then it was kind of cool-looking, except it's crooked and frayed and makes me look like I shop in a dumpster. Also I can't bend forward, because it kind of falls open and shows most of my chest-area. 

So I wore it today, with a matching bra underneath (from far away I look half-decent). I kind of have a soft spot for clothes that I've basically destroyed.


After I went to the gym, I was standing in front of the mirror trying to brush the mess out of my rat nest hair, and some girl came up and asked me where I bought it. She seemed to think it had come from some kind of boutique somewhere- somewhere "really expensive." 

And then when I told her I'd gotten it by accident in a bag sale at a thrift store and then cut it into bits, she was all shocked out of her head, and raved on for a bit about how "creative" I am. 

Hee. *blushes* See? I'm not a crazy slob. I'm "artistic." 


Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. You must share a photo of this amazing-sounding shirt! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete