Monday, February 21, 2011

I can't blame vodka, so this is Lewis Carroll's fault.

UPDATES ON THE STUPID:
I`ve got a paper to finish, other papers I’ve yet to start, an inbox full of angriness I’ve been avoiding, two midterms I’ve forgotten the dates of (but am probably already fucked for), a horrible niggling feeling that I’m forgetting a whole bunch of other things all equally important and scary, and all I can get my sleepy little head to wrap around is whether or not Value Village has any brown hats. Oh, and the massive crush I’ve apparently developed on Andrew Lee Potts in the last three days.
BROWN HATS.
In Soviet Russia, Lewis Carroll blames YOU
I think maybe I need to replace “ridiculous” with “stupid.” And maybe add a smack in the face, because-really- who the Christ purposely forgets about a midterm because their brain works like a retarded squirrel and it’s easier to pretend I’m researching fairy tales when all I’m really doing is re-reading “Alice in Wonderland” and looking up costume props on Ebay than it is to click on a few things and figure out when I have a test scheduled for.
BECAUSE I’M RIDICULOUS, THAT’S WHY.
I’ve also been worrying a bit about the amount of crazy laziness that goes on in my head lately. I think if my brain were a person, it either took way too many drugs and lives in Super Mario World, or got a concussion and speaks in Russian 40% of the time, or developed its own special kind of ADD because it got bored reading about dead British people and heard twitchiness gets better drugs. It’s a special kind of ridiculous. I’d patent it, but it’s completely useless for anything besides wasting time and worrying medical professionals. And it’s COMPLETELY DESTROYING MY GOOD INTENTIONS.
LIKE VODKA. VODKA ALSO DESTROYS GOOD INTENTIONS. VODKA AND LEWIS CARROLL.

No comments:

Post a Comment