Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Death by cocoa powder. And insanity.

Mwuaha. Chocolate.
Lately I`ve been putting cocoa powder in everything. It`s getting ridiculous. I just figured out how to make chocolate dumplings, for Christ`s sake.
They`re goooood.
It`s probably not the healthiest thing in the world- I`m a frigging vegan, though, so I figure that should offset it a bit, right? I mean, I don`t eat refined sugar, and a doctor once told me I actually didn`t have ENOUGH cholesterol, so I`m doing pretty good on the whole trans-saturated-death-filled fats thing. Plus, generally chocolate`s unhealthy because it`s basically poor quality sugar and fat, with a bit of cocoa powder. So adding the straight, unsweetened powder to stuff shouldn`t send me to hell. Right?
...
Whatever. Don`t care. It`s my new current obsession, and until I bankrupt myself buying stevia (cocoa powder is bitter as fuck on its own, in case anyone was wondering) I`m going to enjoy my daily 8 or so cups of hot cocoa, and my chocolate dumplings, and the chocolate-bean-cookies I figured out how to make because apparently beans can do that (why I can`t just leave them alone, I have no idea) and chocolate applesauce, and chocolate popcorn... oy. This is fucking gross. Seriously. I have a problem.
Ha.
Chocolate rehab, anyone?
No? Just me?
FINE.
PS. If anyone has any ideas for a chilli recipe with cocoa powder, send them my way. I can`t find a decent one on my own.

1 comment:

  1. Why not just mix in some cocoa powder with the chilli you already know how to make and see how it turns out? Chilli is fun to cook with cause it takes so long to cook, if you fuck it up, generally you can do something to fix it before it's anywhere near being finished.

    ReplyDelete